Wednesday 26 February 2014

Escalation!

A storm is coming art lovers and I doubt we could stop it even if we wanted to.

I really don't want to.

It's fascinating watching the pieces stack together.

The controversy, the government response, the rebellious elements rising up, the quizzes, the threats... the escalation.

A lot has happened in a very short amount of time and so this post is going to rush fairly quickly through these developments. I apologise. Each of these little plot points are worth an essay by themselves themselves, but I will have to settle for making sure you're up to date with the big events that have happened.

Firstlt it's worth noting that the You Are Here Festival has now been passed as "acceptable".

Good news for YAH and fans alike.

You've hopefully seen it by now but if you haven't check out the nomadic and volatile artist T-Bone's open declaration of war against Mr B and the BMOA:


Like with the interview between Andrew Galan and Mr B I believe we catch a glimpse of the BMOA's mysterious enforcer Ms X at the end.

We can only assume T-Bone and Mac got away from Ms X in order to post the video.

T-Bone's blog has been updated also.

This is only the start.

The BMOA have released The Doctrines of Acceptable Art Informational Quiz which local artists have been scrambling complete in a way that deems them "acceptable". Rumour has it that completeing the quiz "correctly" rewards the artist with... something? The stories are vague and people seem hesitant (perhaps frightened) to tell them.

Give it a go.

Speaking of rumours; the Bird has been making some noise on twitter, and I do mean noise.


She's said very little of value so far, but there are stories circulating that she's going to be a major player in the events to come. This alone makes her very very interesting to me.

Whose side is she on? I can't wait to find out.

Lastly we may have finally seen the face of Mr B, the new poster/logo of Acceptable Art has been revealed.


This image has been popping up around the place connected to BMOA approved events and posts. Is this the face of Mr B?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow at the You Are Here program launch at Smith's! I am so excited, I will be there covering the event, I hope to see all you art lovers there also.

If you can't make it I'll be live tweeting the event so keep an eye on the hastag #artctrl!

My scribe-sense tells me tomorrow is going to be big, lets hope T-Bone makes an appearance!

UPDATE: As I was writing this post T-Bone's site appears to have been hacked by the BMOA! It now features the face of Mr B and a statement delcaring the website was "unacceptable".

FIRST BLOOD! FIRST BLOOD!

How will T-Bone respond?

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Current Mood: Mildly concerned about how excited I'm getting about the chances of seeing a fight.
Current Music: Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment