Sunday 23 February 2014

It's on like Donkey Kong

I love the smell of drama in the morning... evening,...11.30 at night... Whatever! I LOVE DRAMA ANYTIME!

The rumours are true, T-Bone is back in the ACT!

T-Bone's twitter account sprung back to life today and he wasted no time getting right back into the thick of it.


Threats, caps-lock, promises of change,  it's all here. I just know I won't be able to get to sleep tonight for all the excitement.

T-Bone is also making it very clear that the is personally targeting Mr B, the mysterious man behind the BMOA movement. I was expecting this, but actually hearing it has gotten my blood pumping.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, conflict creates art and it looks like we're in for some wonderful conflict.

On his (stunningly retro) blog, T-Bone said:
"I REVEAL, the PHONY who calls himself “MR B”. the BMOA will FALL & the LIZARD will RUN! I AM returned to THE CANBERRA."

What a wonderful wordsmith.

Interestingly You Are Here has commented on the matter, their official twitter account suggesting T-Bone take his complaints to LiveJournal instead of airing them on Twitter. Ouch!

Does this mean YAH has chosen its side in the upcoming conflict, or are they simply trolling T-Bone? I noted that the interviews embedded in the latest post on the You Are Here site all state that they are "Benevolent Ministry of Art Approved", the last interview being with Mr B himself.

IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
  • Mr B states that they are still looking at the YAH program, maybe they're not approving all the events right away in order to have some leverage over the festival?
  • Mr B says there is no chance that T-Bone will return, has word not reached him? Is he in denial? (Or more likely this interview was recorded before T-Bone made his announcement.)
  • Is that Ms X we hear at the end bullying YAH interviewer Andrew Galan out of the room?
It seems I was right in assuming that the #artctrl hashtag would become the "official" place to keep up with what people are saying so make sure to direct your twitter client there to have a look.

Or, you know, just keep coming back here.

I am your man on the scene after all.

Current Mood: Ready for a scrap.
Current Music: P¡nk - So What

No comments:

Post a Comment