Tuesday 25 March 2014

It's over.

Ladies and Gentlemen congratulations, you're free.

We're free. We're all free.

Actually while we're on the subject of congratulations a huge collection of them must be delivered onto the saviour of the Canberra Arts scene, Rob.

I'm getting ahead of myself, were you at the zine fair this Sunday? It was lovely, and calm, and friendly. Well friendly for the most part, because for whatever reason T-Bone and Mr B chose this lovely event to finally throw down with each other. No bodyguards, no swordsmen, just two grown men fighting like children over the charred remains of a festival nearly crushed by their madness.

It was that point dear art lovers that I intervened in the events. Despite swearing to remain neutral and simply report to you on the arts I couldn't see any outcome of this battle where the arts didn't wind up the loser. Either creativity would be crushed by Mr B, or T-Bone would burn to the ground everything we've worked as a community to build over the years.

Neither really cared about art, they both just cared about their idea of art.

Holding the last part of the document hostage I demanded they stopped fighting before I shared the info with the public, hoping some brave and just individual would discover its secrets before T-Bone, Mr B, or my crazy sister the Bird could discover what it was all about. (Yes, in case you hadn't figured that part out, she's my twin sister. Oh and T-Bone is our long-lost brother, who was taken by wombats as a small child. Sorry I neglected to mention that earlier on).

Anyway, a man named Rob was that brave individual. He solved the clues, worked out what was what, and beat us all to the end location. Well all of us but that tricksy Bird.

So it came down to Rob vs the Bird for the control of Canberra's art scene.

There was some small amount of cheating and lying involved (artists...) but in the end Rob defeated Bird, claimed the artifact, and smashed it to a million pieces on the ground.

Rob then took from the remains an object of power which granted him control over the arts scene. Defeated, T-Bone, Mr B, and the Bird fled. I remained to talk to our new reluctant master.

The final climatic scene, as captured by brave You Are Here photographer, Adam Thomas.
Correct: this incarnation of the artifact turned out to be a Skywhale piƱata.

I asked Rob where would we go from here, and whether he would be a cruel or benevolent ruler. Rob chose not to rule at all.

He handed me the object of power.

"Scribe," he said "I think the most sensible decision here is to leave you in charge of this power."

I may have teared up a little.

And that, as they say was that.

So where are our major players?

Well Bird made her escape before anyone could stop her, and as far and I can tell has fled the ACT. Her motives remain mysterious, and I doubt we have seen the last of her. As I said earlier, I think we have a long-lost cousin in Newcastle.

I've handed over all the evidence of Mr B's madness and illegal mind control experiments over to certain secret Government agencies, and Mr B has been taken into custody. I doubt we'll be seeing him for a long time.

T-Bone skipped town and has recently announced that in 2015 he will be running his own "TRUE ARTS FESTIVAL" called HEY GUYS IT'S OVER HERE NOW. We'll see how he goes with that.

Mac and Betty are working hard at opening their own cupcake stall/martial arts dojo. They sent me a rough design for their logo:


Keep an eye out for when it opens on Lonsdale Street later this year.

And, it seems fitting, that they also left us with this saccharine slideshow:


And what about me? Well I'll be taking a break from reporting on the arts scene for a bit, mainly due to the fact that I am now in control of it. Conflict of interest and all that. Thing is, I never wanted to rule, I wanted to report. So during my break I will be delving deep into the underbelly of Canberra to find a place to hide this object.

I'll let you know how it goes... assuming the power doesn't consume me and cause me to dip slowly into madness which is always a danger with this 'powerful magic artifact' type scenarios.

As for Canberra arts's mysterious saviour Rob? Well he said he needed to go study for a test, and then vanished away into the night.

He was the saviour Canberra's Arts Scene needed and deserved.

So ladies and gentlemen, the arts scene once more belongs to the artists, the way things should be.

Hope you all had a great You Are Here festival, I'll see you later.

-The Scribe


Current Mood: Relieved.
Current Music: Stan Bush - You've Got the Touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment